- vice chancellor's video blog
- commitment to diversity
- student affairs advancement
- Student Affairs Committees
- Programs for Staff
- Programs for Students
- Strategic Plan
- Student Affairs Assessment
- Student Affairs Leadership Team
- Student Affairs Realignment
- Take the Wellness Pledge
Due to the COVID-19 protocals, the Assessment Conference has been CANCELLED for this year. We are looking at the possiblity to scheduled this in 2021.
In a time of increased accountability and limited resources, higher education professionals are expected to demonstrate value and outcomes of services, teaching, and activities designed to improve student performance inside and outside of the classroom. Assessment and evaluation can be used to substantiate the impact of services and improve practice.
The purpose of this conference is to provide participants with strategies that are easy to understand and implement in the assessment, evaluation, and reporting of their work. The conference is designed to help practitioners at all levels learn how to conduct assessment/evaluation and understand the importance of doing so for the purpose of improving practice.
The conference will be interactive, practitioner-based, and will include:
- Keynote address TBA
- Concurrent breakout sessions designed to teach the audience a specific technique or skill (e.g. writing learning outcomes, designing a survey, etc.) or review current research/literature related to assessment or evaluation. There will be three sessions to choose from during each concurrent block.
- Poster session from various campus units that address any of the following: a description of an innovative assessment program, an analysis of a practical problem-solving effort, or results from an assessment/research project.
- Lightning Talks are short presentations that are intended to tell a story about data.
- Assessment consulting - participants are encouraged to bring a survey, interview questions, and/or an assessment plan and receive 1:1 feedback from assessment experts to improve your practice.
Call for Proposals
Submit a proposal for the 2020 Student Affairs Conference. Deadline to submit a session proposal is Sunday, March 30, 2020. (NOTE: To thos presenting posters, posters should be approximately 48x36in. You are responsible for printing your own poster.)
Who Should Attend
Anyone with an interest in assessment/evaluation in co-curricular settings. Although the conference is geared toward student affairs professionals at all career levels, faculty, academic administrators, and graduate students are also encouraged to attend.
Cost and Registration Information
$50 for University of Illinois employees, $75 for non-University of Illinois attendees. Registration will open March 1, 2020.