The Student Health Insurance Plan comes with two discount plans that are intended to help students find the best possible savings.Both discount plans use a nation-wide network of providers, and this section explains:
- What kind of discounts each plan provides
- UnitedHealthcare or United Behavioral Health Discount: for covered services
- UnitedHealth Allies: for services not covered – like dental, vision and wellness – and prescriptions.
- How to locate in-network providers near you
UnitedHealthcare or United Behavioral Health Discount Plan
If you are covered by the Student Health Insurance plan, you are eligible to receive further discounts for medical services received from a nation-wide network of UnitedHealthcare or United Behavioral Health providers. Insurance policy benefits will not change if you do not use a UnitedHealthcare or United Behavioral Health provider -- you simply do not get the discount.
While you can access a listing of UnitedHealthcare or United Behavioral Health providers, the Student Health Insurance office also checks every claim to see if a UnitedHealthcare or United Behavioral Health discount can be given.
Local MultiPlan facilities:
Find other providers go to the UnitedHealthcare or United Behavioral Health provider search
The UnitedHealth Allies® program is included with Student Health Insurance coverage. It provides discounts on a wide variety of services from a nation-wide network of health care professionals and facilities. Many dental, vision and wellness services are offered at a discounted price. This discount card is issued with your insurance card.
Examples of savings from this program:
- Pay no more than $40 for an annual eye exam
- Save 10-20% on eyeglasses
- Receive a 15% discount on laser vision correction
- Save 10-35% on certain dental services
- 10-50% savings on weight management programs such as Jenny Craig
- Fitness club membership savings from select Curves, Gold's Gym and Ladies Workout Express locations
- Smoking cessation programs
Find local providers at the UnitedHealth Allies website (click on the provider search button)
More details and a listing of services are found in the UnitedHealth Allies Discount Plan booklet (pdf).